Lonely Quotes

Even nothing cannot lasts forever..every hour wounds,the last one kills~American Gods


A lonely man is a lonesome thing, a stone, a bone, a stick, a receptacle for Gilbey's gin, a stooped figure sitting at the edge of a hotel bed, heaving copious sighs like the autumn wind.

                          -John Cheever



Since I have nothing to do (ok,that's a lie) I post this lonely quotes I gather around.For my own reference,sometimes I may need it..I just like to browse through and love the image of loneliness.
Yes,I am insane and I love my own blog being postered with it.

Loneliness is an unpleasant feeling in which a person experiences a strong sense of emptiness and solitude resulting from inadequate levels of social relationships. However, it is a subjective experience.[1] Loneliness has also been described as social pain - a psychological mechanism meant to alert an individual of undesired isolation and motivate her/him to seek social connections.

A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.
-Charlie Chaplin

Absolutely lonely people have few personal interactions of any kind.
-Martha Beck

Beauty is ever to the lonely mind a shadow fleeting; she is never plain. She is a visitor who leaves behind the gift of grief, the souvenir of pain.
-Christopher Morley

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa

Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.
- Paul Tillich

Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets.
- Paul Tournier

People who lead a lonely existence always have something on their minds that they are eager to talk about.
-Anton Checkov

The lonely become either thoughtful or empty.
- Mason Cooley

I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
- Henry David Thoreau

Loneliness the clearest of crystal insight into your own soul, its the fear of one's own self that haunts the lonely. ~
-Keith Haynie

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange. ~
-Kahlil Gibran

People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
-Joseph Fort Newton

Be good and you will be lonely.
-Mark Twain

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.
-Mark Twain

It is very lonely sometimes, trying to play God.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Strife is better than loneliness.
-Irish Proverbs

The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness.
-Norman Cousins

Only in a house where one has learnt to be lonely does one have this solicitude for things. One's relation to them, the daily seeing or touching, begins to become love, and to lay one open to pain.
-Elizabeth Bowen





What torments my soul is its loneliness. The more it expands among friends and the daily habits or pleasures, the more, it seems to me, it flees me and retires into its fortress. The poet who lives in solitude, but who produces much, is the one who enjoys those treasures we bear in our bosom, but which forsake us when we give ourselves to others. When one yields oneself completely to one's soul, it opens itself to one, and then it is that the capricious thing allows one the greatest of good fortunes... that of sympathizing with others, of studying itself, of painting itself constantly in its works.
-EugFne Delacroix


Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, Only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, Only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Loneliness is a state of feeling cut off from and longing for others, due to lack of contact (physically, emotionally, etc.) with people (whether acquaintances, friends, or loved ones). Loneliness is not to be confused with solitude (where a person may appreciate the time to think and reflect without distraction). It is the state of being alone in solitary isolation. It means the forlornness i.e. sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned. It may also be the state of loneliness i.e. a disposition toward being alone.
Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for.
-Dag Hammarskjold


I love my loneliness and I sinked into a state of my mind tranquility..I endured mine's solitude and I dwell to my insanity.
I embrace my pain..I feel the existence.I feel mortality and I am bound to my abyss..
for me, whenever I'm living in pain,nothing more can hurt me..but when I'm living in much bliss the doubt and anxiety will easily harm me.The pain is a part of my happiness eventually.

Just like a wound creature..hiding in a dark cave..just feel the beacon of light at the end of tunnel.
In pain I found sense of calm,contenment and peace.

~ So close, no matter how far ,Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are ,and nothing else matters
Never opened myself this way ,
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say ,and nothing else matters
~Trust I seek and I find in you,Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view ,.
and nothing else matters
never cared for what they do ,never cared for what they know ..but I know
~Never opened myself this way Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say ,Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us, something new ,Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters ,never cared for what they say
never cared for games they play ,never cared for what they do
never cared for what they know and I know
-Nothing Else Matter Lyric By Metallica,the black album 1991

 

Their music make me weep,losing myself all in the dark




 Life is an island in an ocean of loneliness,
an island whose rocks are hopes,
whose trees are dreams,
whose flowers are solitude,
and whose brooks are thirst.--


The end comes when we no longer talk with ourselves. It is the end of genuine thinking and the beginning of the final loneliness. ~
-Edward Gibbon



"What causes an echo?" she begins.
“The persistence of sound after the source has stopped.” I say. "What is one thing required for an echo?
"The sound must bounce off something. " "When can you hear an echo?"
"When it's quiet and other sounds are absorbed. "
~Mitch Albom,For One More Day





 “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” ~Neil Gaiman
In state of being insanity instead..

It was nice to be alone, not to have to smile and look pleased; a relief to stare dejectedly out the window at the sheeting rain and let just a few tears escape.
~ Twilight, Chapter 1, p.9

Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

I do a good job of blocking painful, unnecessary things from my memory~Twilight
.




  • We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone.



  • ~picture ehsan google~

    No comments:

    Post a Comment